This task is about making it so comments posted with the Reply Tool do not appear within templates/tables published by way of Barnstars/Wikilove.
This task contains two cases:
- Case 1
- Case 2
Case 1 was resolved, we think, in June 2020.
Case 2 is not yet resolved.
Case 1 (June, 2020)
The "right" location for a reply has traditionally been determined through human judgment. See https://hu.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Szerkesztővita:Pasztilla&curid=258186&diff=22453105&oldid=22452319 on @Pasztilla's talk page:
The reply ended up inside the box (table), but it belongs outside. However, some editors use tables, div elements, etc., to create a decorative border or background color around the entire page, and in that case, comments belong inside the box. What should we do?
Case 2 (November, 2020)
Comment posted with the Reply Tool appears within Barnstar at fa.wiki. See: https://w.wiki/mjB .
- Navigate to a discussion page where someone has left a Barnstar. E.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:PPelberg_(WMF)/sandbox?dtenable=1#Testing_phab:_T250126
- Click the [ reply ] link that is appended to the barnstar. In this case, it's the The Tireless Contributor Barnstar.
- Notice the Reply Tool opens
- Write a comment
- Publish the comment you drafted in "Step 4"
- Notice the comment you published in "Step 5" appears beneath the Barnstar you replied to in "Step 1" [i]