This task is about revising the event that is fired when someone attempts to switch from the Reply Tool's source to visual mode after drafting a comment that contains any combination of the following syntax "types":
When someone does the following:
- Writes a comment in the tool's source mode that contains any combination of a table, template or extension
- Attempts to switch to the tool's visual mode
- The following event should fire:
- They should see a dialog that says:
|Dialog title||Dialog body|
|Visual mode disabled||Sorry, switching to visual mode is disabled because <b>$1</b> was detected in the comment you have written. [https:\/\/www.mediawiki.org\/wiki\/Special:MyLanguage\/Extension:DiscussionTools/Reply_tool_visual_mode_limitations Learn more].|
Where $1 = "table," "template," or "extension."
- Is it possible to implement the dialog messaging described in "Step 4." above without firing logging/firing separate events for each syntax type?
Yes. See: T259673#6428022.
- All "Open questions" are answered
- The behavior described in the "Implementation details" section is implemented
- @Ryasmeen: verify the event is being emitted as expected
- @MNeisler: update instrumentation spec
- @MNeisler: conduct data QA
- @MNeisler: update https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor/FeatureUse_data_dictionary