This task is about making sure the Reply Tool is appearing and publishing comments as we expect it to before the A/B test begins.
At each of the pages/wikis listed in the ===Where to test section below, do the following:
- Visit Special:Preferences > Beta features (read: mw-prefsection-betafeatures) and verify DiscussionTools is available as a Beta feature.
- Visit the "Test pages" listed in the ===Where to test section below. At each of them, do the following:
- Verify [ reply ] links are appearing where and/or how they should be. [i]
- Visit your sandbox at each of the wikis listed in the ===Where to test section below and do the following:
- Verify you can use the Reply Tool to respond to comments in way(s) you expect to be able to.[i]
Where to test
|Wikipedia||Language code||Test pages|
- ===Testing instructions are executed
- Tickets for issues that surface while executing ===Testing instructions
i. Note: before filing a task, ensure the issue you noticed is NOT explained by a reason listed here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:DiscussionTools/Why_can%27t_I_reply_to_this_comment%3F .