This task is the primary goal of T285781: Organize Vue.js Developer Summit.
The Design Systems Team is organizing a Vue.js Developer Summit in order to reach a consensus around several key questions concerning a shared component library. Once we've made decisions around most/all of these issues, we should be able to move forward with developing a shared library of UI components in Vue and can then being migrating other projects to use it.
The bulk of the time at the summit should be spent deciding on how to answer these questions (many of which are inter-related).
Key questions (see corresponding Phab tasks for details on each one):
- T286947 Will the shared library support IE 11 (and other legacy browsers)?
- T286948 Will the shared library be written in Vue 2 or Vue 3?
- T286949 Will the shared library be written in Typescript?
- T286950 How should the shared library be built and distributed?
- T286951 What does the CSS architecture for the shared library look like?
- T286953 Where will this code live and how will it be managed?
The summit is complete! The tasks above have been updated to reflect decisions reached at the summit. Post-summit tasks are being tracked at T288786. Wider communication about the results of the summit (MW page, blog post, etc) also forthcoming soon.