As we work on enhancements to the messaging interface in the Android app, we want to gain an understanding of gaps in our users workflows. One of our methods for collecting this information will be an in-app survey.
This task is to develop a dialog for the survey we will deploy with our target audiences.
Narrowed to target demos with required translations:
- English Wikipedia users/editors in India and Nigeria
- Arabic and French Wikipedia users/editors from Morocco, Egypt, DR Congo and Mali
- Hindi Wikipedia users/editors
- Indonesian Wikipedia users/editors
- Japanese Wikipedia
- Able to display text and images
- Receives sign off from designer and analyst
- Hard code in snackbar and display after a user submits a post on a talk page (user or article)
- Post on MediaWiki, similar to the usability protocol in July 2021
- Use custom tab activity to display contents in-app (T291969)
Per a previous Slack conversation with @Dbrant:
rs: can we implement a variable in the dialog link that points directly to the corresponding language? e.g. when users have set their primary language to Arabic can we take them to the Arabic version of the protocol?
Bahasa Indonesia (id):
→ also use 'en' as the fallback
Help us improve Talk Pages
Please help us improve your talk page experience by taking a brief survey.
CTA 3: cancel