After clarifying that enabling VisualEditor would not completely replace the wikitext editor, we reached a concensus. The discussion is seen here.
The concensus can be summarized as follows:
- Chinese Wikipedia shall have VisualEditor be moved out of Beta.
- For registered users, both visual editor edit tab and wikitext edit tab should be present by default.
- For IP users, no visual editor edit tab should be present. By clicking "edit" they should be directed to the wikitext editor. (Like how English Wikipedia is doing now)
- Verify the software's current configuration variables allow for the number of edit tabs, and the way they behave, to be different depending on peoples' account state (read: logged in vs. out) - Editing team
- Deploy (Monday, Dec 6)
- Proceed on the activation of the visual editor by default
- Deploy Growth features in Dark mode
- Deploy Growth features to all newcomers (Monday, Dec 13)