In a meeting on 2021-12-01 we decided to:
- get a couple new hardware servers (cloudlb?) dual homed (cloud-dedicated VLAN <-> cloud-host vlan, exact details TBD).
- give them a public IPv4 address. Only 1, for a VIP. This IP is allocated from a cloud-dedicated IPv4 pool/CIDR and it will be associated with the wikimediacloud.org domain.
- introduce keepalived (VRRP) and haproxy (proxying/loadbalancing) into the new servers
- have all new services be backends of the above. Initially cloudswift, others likely to follow (cloudcontrol, cloudservices, etc).
We agreed on our next steps being:
- create a draft with the plans, diagrams and some initial implementation details -- @aborrero to do this
- iterate over the draft until we feel it sounds like an actual plan --- both WMCS & SRE/IF to iterate over it.
- once we have a clear picture of what the architecture is and how the service will work, talk to the Traffic SRE team and coordinate with them. --- both WMCS & SRE/IF to participate in this meeting