This task represents the work with enabling Topic Containers as a feature within the existing Discussion tools Beta Feature.
Wednesday, 17 August 2022
All Wikimedia wikis EXCEPT ja.wiki, de.wiki, en.wiki.
- People who meet the criteria below will see Topic Containers when visiting any Article or User talk pages on desktop:
- People who have the Discussion tools beta feature enabled
- People who have the Show discussion activity setting within Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing enabled
- People accessing all Wikimedia wikis EXCEPT ja.wiki, de.wiki, en.wiki. using the desktop version of the site
Minimum test case
- At one of the wikis listed in Deployment wikis above, visit Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures
- Ensure the Discussion tools Beta Feature is enabled and the Show metadata about each discussion and enable a new page layout. list item appears within it
- Visit a User or Article talk page
- Verify that all section headings are styled in the way we defined in T310914
- Verify that all sections that contain signed comments contain metadata in the way we defined in T310914
- Verify that all sections that do NOT contain signed comments do NOT contain any metadata
- Verify that the metadata contained within each Topic Container is accurate
- Requirements are implemented and verified as having been implemented