See parent T325238: [Epic] IP Address Reveal for Privileged Users for details.
There would be a new "show IP" option next to the temporary username (which replaces the IP address shown in this screenshot) which would reveal to show the IP address in place. Presumably somewhere close to the "talk" link.
Will replace this with an actual mock before implementation begins.
What needs doing
T326415: Add (show IP) buttons next to temporary account user name links adds buttons next to temporary account name links, everywhere (including on diff pages):
- By default these buttons fetch the last IP used by the temporary account
- When the revision ID is present in the user link, it gets the IP associated with that revision ID
This task is for ensuring that the revision IDs are present in the user links displayed on diff pages.
There is an equivalent task that does the same for the history pages: T326392: IP Address Reveal on History page. The patch attached to that may have solved more cases than just the history page, so it is possible that it has solved this task too.
So what exactly needs doing?
- Check whether revision IDs are present in the user links displayed on diff pages
- If so, add a comment and close this task!
- If not, add them. You'll need to find where the links are built, and pass through the data, like in T326392
How can I test this?
- Check for the revision IDs in the HTML
- You can test whether the buttons work by downloading the patch for T326415: Add (show IP) buttons next to temporary account user name links (see testing notes, below)
This is best tested along with T326415: Add (show IP) buttons next to temporary account user name links, which adds the buttons.
It should be tested locally, since it requires $wgAutoCreateTempUser['enabled'] = true; (only available on Beta) and the CheckUser extension (not available on Beta). It can't be fully tested on PatchDemo, because it isn't possible to edit from different IP addresses there.
Steps to test:
- Edit an article twice from one temporary account, using two different IP addresses
- Go to the article's history page
- Select the radios next to the two edits, then click "compare selected revisions"
- Clicking on the "Reveal IP" buttons should reveal the correct (different) IP addresses for each edit