Echo replaces the Minerva rendered button with a NotificationBadge. The purpose of this seems to purely be to allow Echo to change the badge count.
As we transition this to Codex we should clean this code up, namely:
- Stop Echo replacing the NotificationBadge rendered by Minerva and instead progressively enhance it. Move logic for changing badge into Echo, using hooks if necessary
On mobile site https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/ login.
- When no notifications a bell icon should show in the top right on mobile
- When a user has > 0 notifications a red circle with white text shows with the number inside it.
- When clicking the notification icon with JS enabled, the drawer/overlay opens and the number of notifications resets to 0, remains red and white text.
- When clicking the noticiation icon with JS disabled, the user navigates to Special:Notifications
- Login on desktop site, change skin to Minerva Expected: Two icons show. Clicking notification icons take you to Special:Notifications.
- Create ticket for preferred behavior for notification icon and state (potentially using component from vector 2022) Done in T343838