Some suggestions of improvements to the media insertion dialog; this is mostly a brain-dump which we might turn into a tracker later:
- a way of accessing the file page, on Commons or elsewhere
- a more clear highlighting
- maybe slightly enlarging the image
- double-click to insert
- filter by: …
- media type
- language (mostly specific to audio/video but also maps/diagrams)
- length (audio/video)
- resolution (image/video)
- video bit-depth (image/video)
- audio bit-depth (video/audio)
- sample rate (audio)
- local vs. Commons
The image size is based on the largest default thumbnail (the dialog asks for the 300x300px image and then shows it at 150x*px size). Changing this would need to have discussions with Ops about load on the image renderers and possibly changing the default sizes globally.
The filtering will have to wait for Solr faceted search, if that's indeed coing.