- Mentioned In
- rOPUP8288b1aca81c: Use backported ffmpeg for multimedia transcoding on Trusty
T86081: Complete the use of HHVM over Zend PHP on the Wikimedia cluster
T111132: Thumbnail scaling broken on beta
rOPUPd1fbca9c70fe: beta: Replace deployment-videoscaler01 with deployment-tmh01
rOMWCcf9336e1b9dd: Use ffmpeg instead of avconv on labs beta
T104747: Convert tmh100 to HHVM and trusty
- Deleted deployment-videoscaler01 instance
- Created deployment-tmh01 instance using trusty base image
- Applied beta::deployaccess and role::mediawiki::videoscaler
- Patched puppet to:
- Remove deployment-videoscaler01 from /etc/dsh/group/mediawiki-installation
- Add deployment-tmh01 to /etc/dsh/group/mediawiki-installation
- Setup jobrunner on deployment-tmh01 to process the transcode job queue
The last bit there (jobrunner setup) had never been done properly for deployment-videoscaler01 and the new jobrunner system. That explains why transcodes were not happening before I started messing around with this.
Ok this is now mostly-done but there's a problem with the job runner -- it's running more threads than expected, which overloads the scaler VM (which is not as beefy as the production servers). Needs some tweaking.
So, for the jobrunner count issue: that has nothing to do with puppet, but with the jobrunner code directly.
I restarted the jobrunner service and it reports correctly
2015-09-16T11:00:29+0000: Starting job spawner loop(s)... 2015-09-16T11:00:29+0000: Initialized loop 0 with 2 runner(s).
Looks like it:
krenair@deployment-tmh01:~$ php --version HipHop VM 3.6.5 (rel) Compiler: 1440023731_994787068 Repo schema: 10ff5b7278f68f074cfdefae238f379500d3148f Extension API: 20150212 krenair@deployment-tmh01:~$