This is intended to improve the reading experience of users who speak more than 1 language, primarily for those users whose primary language has limited content. It is quite common for such a user to want to see if the article in another language has more content or is more understandable.
As a user I want to see what other languages an article is available in without scrolling to the bottom of the article.
Desktop will just have another article action and save vertical space
- Implement treatment of button and its placement
- It works in ResourceLoader impaired and <noscript> UAs.
- When in force sampled in Schema:MobileWebLanguageSwitcher logging should result in the button's tap having a languageButtonVersion distinct from the existing 'bottom-of-article' value.
- It has ATDD tests.
- It works on localhost.
- it is deployed at 100% in beta on the prod cluster and beta cluster.
- Show an opaque language switcher button (rather than hiding it) when no languages are available.
- Align the leftmost icon with the left of the page, and rightmost icon with the right of the page (no spaces) on a small screen.