Weekly reports of progress made for the project.
Community Bonding Period
Week 1 (Community Bonding) | April 22 - April 29
- Create Project : T133665 ( Pywikibot-Thanks )
- Create Community bonding evaluation subtask: T133666
- Create Weekly Reports Subtask: T133667
Week 2 (Community Bonding) | April 29 - May 5
Week 3 (Community Bonding) | May 5 - May 12
- Set-up blog for monitoring progress: http://bhyrava.me/code
Week 4 (Community Bonding) | May 12 - May 19
- Create Subtasks for the Project (first three for now): T135409 T135411 T135413
- Read Documentation on Pywikibot: See my notes (still being updated) here.
- Reported Bug T135233
- Code-Reviewed others' patches - see this.
- Submitted Patches to Changes 288871
- See my Mediawiki and Commons edits here and here.
- Created Bonding Report Task T135404
- Wrote blog post for Community Bonding - read here.
- First Mentor Meet at #gsoc-thanks on IRC
- Send mail on wikitech-l introducing myself.
- Gain some experience with PAWS. See my edits here.
- Run Pywikibot from local system.
- Create my Tool Labs instance.
- Write my own test script for Pywikibot
- Read up documentation on Thanks
- Look at Pywikibot-Flow for pointers
Wrap-Up for Community Bonding | May 19 - May 22
- Finish all objectives for the Community Bonding Period
Coding Period | Till Mid-Term Evaluations
Week 1 | May 23 - May 29
- Meeting 3 - May 27th | T136542
- Studied and cleared doubts about basic.py and weblinkchecker.py.
- Studied and asked doubts about unit tests.
- Submit rough design for methods as mentioned on the corresponding Phab task.
- New blog post on building a bot here.
Week 2 | May 30 - June 5th
- Meeting 4 - 3rd June | T136892
- Prototype design improved at T136892#2374804
- Created a proof of design which could thank a revision. P3234
- Read tests/README.rst and tests/add_text_tests.py.
Week 3 | June 6th - June 13th
- Meeting 5 - 10th June | T137462
- Wrote first draft of unit tests for thanks.py here.
- Added API calls through site.py, and improved the proof of concept.
- Added User.thanks_enabled property to site.py
- Improved testing in thanks_tests.py using logevents().
- Blog post on Subtask I here.
Week 4 | June 14th - June 21st
- Meeting 6 - 15th June | T137836
- Meeting 7 - 17th June | T138056
- Meeting 8 - 20th June | T138164
- Investigated into MediaWiki API access for thanks preferences for a User.
- Improved all code for T135409 according to meeting discussions.
- Accounted for User.thanks_enabled in thanks_tests.py before thanking.
- Submitted first patchset for T135409: 294901
- Wrote proof of design for thanking flow posts. P3256 P3257
- Wrote flow_thanks and corresponding flow_thanks_tests
- Checked if site.py ensures that two need_extensions can co-exist.
- Submitted first patchset for T135411: 295132
- Blog post on Subtask II here.