|Resolved||Jdlrobson||T101719 [EPIC] Push wikidata descriptions to stable.|
|Open||None||T257588 Improve the integration of description and label fields with other Wikimedia projects|
|Open||None||T97566 Provide another way to surface usage instructions besides tacking them onto descriptions|
|Open||None||T140131 Show text from Wikidata usage instructions property (P2559) when auto-suggesting properties or items|
- Mentioned In
- T97566: Provide another way to surface usage instructions besides tacking them onto descriptions
T175199: Index certain statements for Wikidata items
- Mentioned Here
- P31 Fork of P29 (An Untitled Masterwork)
P279 404 and 500 error pages
T97566: Provide another way to surface usage instructions besides tacking them onto descriptions
I wonder if it makes sense to put those in the Elastic index. That would allow us to retrieve them along with labels and descriptions, and for the GUI to decide how to display them.
Probably needs to be done in a generic way, e.g.:
- Config has the list of properties whose values we want to index (may also want P31/P279, for example)
- Config may also have to define how to treat the values - i.e. just ID, labels, multilanguage value, etc.
- Search would retrieve all configured extra properties, or only those configured in the query (a-la pageprops)
- UI would decide what to do with those.
What I would suggest doing is maybe putting this as a non-indexed field in the index and returning it together with the response. Of course, it could also be done purely client-side but at the cost of one extra round-trip.