As an editor I want to see instructions about how to use a Property when making a new statement or editing an existing one in order to use the Property correctly.
As a data user, I don’t want to see instructions in the description which are only useful to editors
Right now usage instructions are often put into the Property's description because that is the only place that is visible when making a statement. We want to use the data from the "usage instruction" statements instead.
- usage instructions in description: P1651 (permalink) – not good
- usage instructions in a statement: P30#P2559 (permalink) – good
- usage instructions from the "usage instruction" statements on the Property are shown when making new statements or editing existing ones on an entity
- the usage instructions should be shown in the user interface language or one of the fallback languages
- when no usage instruction statement is available in the user interface language or one of the fallback languages then no usage instructions are shown
Per T97566, we need a feature that displays the text in the Wikidata usage instructions property (https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P2559) when a Wikidata editor gets auto-suggestions for properties or items.