Motivation: Having introduced two new notification types, we should make sure that documentation reflects the changes. The same goes for improvements we did to the general sending of mentions.
Deadline: This should not be done before the changes have been merged, but as soon as possible after.
Changes to be documented - General mention code:
- T138938: Send mentions when content is changed but new username and signature are added
- T138942: Add mention failure notification for multiple section edits
- No change, but make sure this is clear: For a mention to work, you need to have newly signed the same section the mention was made in
- Make sure people understand that in order to correct a mention that has not been sent, they need to NEWLY add the userlink and signature for it to work
Changes to be documented - New notifications:
- All new notification types can be found in T140224: Bundle mention notifications per save
- Flow does not receive mention notifications, since the UI already checks for stuff being send out. Only exception: Limit of users that can be mentioned at once
Existing documentation for mentions that should be updated:
One wish of the German-speaking community wishlist 2015 was to be informed about mentions you sent (T139962)