Please do a security of the WikibaseMediaInfo extension. It is needed for providing structured data to Wikimedia Commons in the future. It holds the new entity type (next to items and properties) that is going to handle structured data for multimedia files.
- Name of tool/project: WikibaseMediaInfo
- Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikibaseMediaInfo
- Name of team requesting review: Wikidata
- Primary contact: Lydia Pintscher
- Target date for deployment: end of Summer 2017 for test system and end of 2017 for production system
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseMediaInfo
- Programming Language(s) Used: PHP and some JS
Description of the tool/project
The MediaInfo extension provides the new entity type (next to the existing ones: item and property) that is going to handle structured data for multimedia files.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
It will be used to improve the storage and editing of meta data about files on Commons like "who took this picture", "which license is it under" and more.
libraries also used by Wikibase. See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/EWBI/browse/master/composer.json
Has this project been reviewed before?
Team-internal code review was done. No security review was done so far.
Working test environment
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikibaseMediaInfo for installation instructions
http://structured-commons.wmflabs.org/wiki/MediaInfo:M13 for a test system
Wikidata team with primary contact Lydia Pintscher