People should understand what they are looking it.
- Have the tour (pop up explaining an edit conflict and explanation boxes in place) show again, when clicking on the help icon (see below)
- When you enter the edit conflict resolution view, you get to see the first pop up informing about the edit conflict
- Once that is closed, we have pulsating buttons and users can select to see info, but don't need to
- The pulsating button that is on the editing box will disappear, if people start editing that box
- Users only see all the help texts once (unless the click the help icon)
No 2: Info i that brings back the info tour
Texts for the info tour (with screenshots of the prototype's tour)
You happen to experience an edit conflict: During your edit another user also edited the page and saved it. Your version now does not include the latest edits. We are kindly asking you to merge your version with the now latest version of the other user. [Start merging] ((please note the small “m”))
Conflicting versions (1/3)
Diverging changes are shown line by line. When there's a difference between the other user's text and yours, the two versions are shown side by side: the other user's version in the yellow box on the left side and yours in the blue box on the right. When there is no difference between the two versions, the lines are shown in grey boxes. These can be expanded or collapsed and edited if needed.
Choose which changes you want to keep (2/3) ((this heading has also changed))
Select which text version you want to keep by clicking on one of the two buttons between each pair of lines. When you have selected a version, you can edit it by clicking on the pen icon. It’s also possible to copy text from the version you didn’t select by using the copy and paste function on your keyboard or with a right click. You need to select one version for each changed line to save the merged text.
Highlighted text (3/3)
The text that was changed in either version of a line is highlighted. After you edit the text, the highlighting will be gone.