Content Translation allows to adjust publish settings (T133862) to determine different aspects of the published article.
Editors across different wikis use templates to coordinate their efforts. This requires users to know these templates and manually fill their fields. The current ticket proposes to add a section where users can indicate the following circumstances just by clicking a checkbox.
- Mark as work in progress. If this option is checked, the equivalent template to Under construction in the target language will be added to the top of the published article.
- Add translation template. If this option is checked, the equivalent template to Translated page in the target language will be added to the talk page of the published article.
- The options will be only shown for the languages where such templates exist. If none of them exist, the whole "more options" section will be hidden.
- Apply the templates requires to know which parameters to fill and where to get this information from. This may require some configuration per wiki.
- Per wiki configuration should allow to enable these options by default. In this way, wkis where creating such templates is the common practice, can encourage it.