This is the only wiki in Beta Cluster that does not exist in production. It's purpose seems to be a mix between Meta-Wiki and a generic landing page for the Beta Cluster.
I'd propose that:
- All roles that apply to deploymentwiki in Beta Cluster that are fulfilled by metawiki in production, be moved to Beta Cluster's metawiki.
- The landing page (which seems overkill to have an entire wiki for) be merged with the main page of another Beta Cluster wiki (e.g. metawiki or enwiki).
- Update the https://beta.wmflabs.org redirect to point to the page of that wiki instead.
Keeping the InitialiseSettings-labs and CommonSettings-labs files in wmf-config as simple and short as possible. There are currently two kinds of overrides that are more or less permanently different between Beta and Prod due to the existence of deploymentwiki:
- Settings that point to metawiki in prod but need to point to deploymentwiki. (T188874, T123936, etc.). Continues diverge with every Meta-related functionality added to or changed in prod. Effectively technical debt that will require on-going care to keep correct and catch issues.
- Settings for LanguageCode, SiteName and other stuff that exists only for this wiki because there is no prod equivalent.