- Mentioned In
T252375: wikimedia-mobile-terms url should be removed or renamed and updated to mobile-frontend-terms-url
- Mentioned Here
- T200754: Redirects for new Wikimedia Foundation website
Also on monitoring:
[14:42] <icinga-wm> PROBLEM - Ensure legal html en.wb on en.wikibooks.org is CRITICAL: additional\sterms\smay\sapply\. By\susing\sthis\ssite,\syou\sagree\sto\sthe a\shref=(https:)?\/\/foundation\.wikimedia\.org\/wiki\/Terms_of_UseTerms\sof\sUse/a html not found [14:43] <icinga-wm> PROBLEM - Ensure legal html en.wp on en.wikipedia.org is CRITICAL: additional\sterms\smay\sapply\. By\susing\sthis\ssite,\syou\sagree\sto\sthe a\shref=(https:)?\/\/foundation\.wikimedia\.org\/wiki\/Terms_of_UseTerms\sof\sUse/a html not found
Actually, monitoring is correct (not sure about mobile), it is the text on the websites that needs update.
There is definitely some weird stuff going on with the mobile version, although maybe it should not exist anymore? In which case, the links should also be updated.
But the footer ones would be broken for the next 2 weeks, if we didn't update them, and we weren't redirecting...
So they have been updated. They can be updated again (reverted)
FR have mentioned about their stuff moving to donate, so those patches aren't going tobee merged
Please listen to what we're saying
We moved the wiki, in advance, because we had to.
Simply, when the new site is online, we can change i18n messages as necessary if some need to point back to the new Wordpress Foundation site.
It's not a lot of effort, and it's easily done.
I believe I am listening to you, but apologies if you do not feel I am.
The redirect is already in place and you have indicated that there are no alternatives. Changing these seems to just be creating more work later. However, if your team is okay with that extra work - I am fine with this being temporary. Who will be leading the effort to revert the top-level links back?
Like I say, broken URLs onwiki especially (I will admit, some of the README updates were unnecessary to be rushed; when the new site is up, they'll work and it's all fine) weren't acceptable. I'm hoping you agree in that case.
Not everything needs reverting, some commits is partial reverts.
I'm happy to do it (note it's nothing really to do with the Security Team), it's not that much effort, if someone can go through the commits and tell me what needs reverting. Or what needs keeping etc.
I totally agree on the wiki pages that were updated. I was speaking more to the two top-level URLs that were not page specific. I will setup a ticket to revert them later if that works. Thank you! :)
@Reedy - on the policy footer links, there seems to still be a mixup in the live output, which is tripping the updated icinga checks. This is what I get for the contentinfo div on the main page of en.wikibooks, for example:
@Reedy - thank you again for offering to update links once the new site launches. Here are a few places pointing to foundation.wikimedia.org that should be pointing to the new site:
- extensions/WikimediaMessages/i18n/contactpage/* - https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Contact_us -> https://wikimediafoundation.org/about/contact/ (languages will be handled on the new site before site launch - but at this point should all just point to top-level page)
- extensions/MobileFrontend/i18n/* - https://foundation.wikimedia.org (in reference to "Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.") -> https://wikimediafoundation.org/
- operations/mediawiki-config/wmf-config/CommonSettings.php - <a href="https://foundation.wikimedia.org/">' -> <a href="https://wikimediafoundation.org/">'
- operations/mediawiki-config/wmf-config/missing.php - 3 instances of <a href="foundation.wikimedia.org" title="Wikimedia Foundation"> -> <a href="wikimediafoundation.org" title="Wikimedia Foundation">
- extensions/Collection/README.rst - https://foundation.wikimedia.org/ -> https://wikimediafoundation.org/
Those are the ones I found - but any other top-level of /wiki/Home pointing ones should be updated as well. Thank you again!
I do wonder if those ones should be there at all, as they're not in the en version (probably just outdated translations....)
"mobile-frontend-copyright": "Content is available under $1 unless otherwise noted.",
Spoke too soon. :)
Here are a couple more:
- wikimedia/portals/dev/wikipedia.org/templates/footer.handlebars - foundation.wikimedia.org -> wikimediafoundation.org
- There is also the URL on wikimedia.org which should be updated - although I have not had a chance to track it down yet.
It looks like some of the others on that page might want updating too, but not all of them
Might need something doing with the portals too to actually deploy it (this is vague as to what exactly runs what from where... Some of these pages are still on meta, but unused. Some are used... I think)... But if we've gotta change one of the others urls, can get it pulled in too later
Thank you @Reedy! The other pages for reference on Wikimedia.org:
Might also be worth changing chapters to "movement affiliates" (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia_movement_affiliates) - but I recognize that could be a whole different discussion. :)
Apparently https://wikitech-static.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page does not pull the link from the repo like other sites (Thank you @Krinkle for pointing out in T200754)
Is there an admin on that site who can fix the link to the General Disclaimer - or ideally delete the page so it pulls from the repo info if possible.
There are many links to the Wikimedia Foundation itself which should continue to point to wikimediafoundation.org and NOT foundation.wikimedia.org - so this is not a universal update so much as selective to content which moved to foundation.wikimedia.org from wikimediafoundation.org.