Steps to reproduce:
- Zoom in enough that you can read the page comfortably without your reading glasses.
- Note that Design has vision simulation goggles in the office, if you don't have your own reading glasses.
- Go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:NewPagesFeed?ores=true (New Page Patrol/default section)
- Choose a combination of settings that has zero (or very, very few) results. Filtering for new, Featured-class articles should be sufficient.
- Try to change the settings to show more/different kinds of articles.
- You can't, because the green button is below the scroll. The dialog box can't scroll, and the page can't scroll when all the contents show on a single screen.
- Oh, hey, look, it's one of those secret persistent preferences that doesn't go away if you reload the page or switch browsers, and which you can't change if you can't reach the button on your screen.
- Phile bug report.
This screenshot is from Chrome.
- Zoom out a lot, and reload the page, so the entire, if now illegible, dialog box is small enough to fit on the screen.
- Click the visible boxes to some more pages to your feed, then press Tab a bunch of times and hit Return, until you happen to have the off-screen green button selected when you press Return.