T206200 implemented the basics for getting the node SSR result into wikibase. Before this can be called ready for production we should invest more time to look at mensurability, edge cases, requirements by operations, ...
- timeout => T215912
- log failed connections => T215913
- what happens on failure? (e.g. render the root element and trust in client-side re-rendering 1, 2)
- how do we avoid storing a suboptimal result in the ParserCache?
- TLS => answer from ops -> right now this isn't supported by them Should we make a ticket to propose this?
- custom user agent incl. version information of the mw/wb system performing the request T217399
- log download time => right now we cannot get these free from the network level. In the future maybe yes. We will have to log from the service
- graceful service shutdown
- caching => until we decide we need to add a caching layer in between mediawiki and the SSR service this should be covered by T214679
- node service performance
- gzip T215917
- Traffic in "the opposite direction" is discussed in T209961