We decided that a good way to explore the vector codebase is to begin with building a throwaway feature that we can later remove or iterate on. This is our first attempt at doing this
Build the new header within the vector skin
- must be feature flagged
as in: https://wikipedia-vue-protoype.netlify.com/en/wiki/moon (without the collapsible sidebar)
Questions we'd like to answer
- What did you wish you'd known before you started working on this ?
- What were the main difficulties did you run into while trying to maintain the existing Vector?
- What small improvements could be made beforehand that would have made hacking on this easier?
- What code smells did you encounter while hacking on this that should be discussed as a group?
- What issues with caching (if any) did you run into?
- Do you have any recommendations on how to split up the code to support working on the new mode and the existing mode?