To make it easier and more intuitive for Junior and Senior Contributors to *participate* on talk pages, the Editing-team is exploring ways to improve the workflow(s) for starting a new discussion.
In an effort to better understand Junior Contributors' current experiences starting new discussions on talk pages, we will conduct a series of user tests.
- To better understand the challenges Junior Contributors' face in the process of starting a new discussion on an article talk page.
- To better understand the challenges Junior Contributors' face in the process of starting a conversation with on another contributor on their user talk page.
- To identify how the workflows for starting new discussions on article and user talk pages could be improved.
A draft list; design to complete in the process of drafting the test script
For both mobile and desktop, we would like to know:
- Is the workflow discoverable?
- What parts of workflow do Junior Contributors have difficulty with?
- What mistakes do Junior Contributors consistently make in the process of attempting to start new discussions?
- What about the existing workflow do contributors find to be intuitive?
Workflows to test
A draft list; design and product to complete in the process of drafting the test script
- Starting a new discussion on an article talk page and on another contributor's talk page.
- Starting a new topic within an existing conversation (read: adding a 0th level comment in an existing section)
- Finalize testing goals and research questions
- Write user tests
- Run test(s)
- Summarize test findings
- Create Phab tickets to address test findings