Imagine that the initial iteration of the few Vue.js components needed for the new search experience were written. E.g., those components might include a button, thumbnail, and a header. The structure of those components may seem sane but, if you had to write an overarching task to assess them for their accessibility and internationalization capabilities, what would be the criteria by which you would judge them? That's what this task is to identify. It's a meta-task to create at least one more task to assess the component criteria identified in this task.
What about larger compositions of components like the entire SearchForm and the UniversalLanguageSelector? How should those interact and be evaluated? An even simpler example: tabbing handling in several components from different software projects in a view/on a page. What are the guidelines? This task can't effectively cover those complex (yet common) use cases. There also questions like how does a Vue instance in search interact with a Vue instance in Special:ContentTranslation and does it need to? Assessing these important and more involved scenarios is out of scope for this task but should be a pressing consideration.
- The design is responsive for all screen sizes.
- At least one new task is made for the component assessment.
- Any Storybook or styling requirements are mentioned in the task(s). E.g., WMDE and ContentTranslation use addons/a11y.
- The criteria at least cover the needs of the test wikis (T249297).
- The new task(s) contain the success criteria identified in this task. That is, if a given component meets each criterion, it is ready to ship from a i18n and accessibility point-of-view.
- a11y and i18n accessibility subject matter experts are consulted. We have a number of specialists including: @Mooeypoo, @Volker_E, @Jdrewniak, @Nikerabbit, and @santhosh. It's ok for this process to be iterative but we need to get very strong initial guidelines. It's also ok for these discussions to create more tasks.
- Does WMDE have any guidelines for their components?
- Criteria are documented on wiki as best practice thoroughly including examples.