This task encompasses deploying the configuration to enable the new search experience on the test wikis:
- Beta cluster (T259798)
- Test Wikipedia (group 0, testwiki) (T259798)
- Wikimedia Office (group 0, officewiki)
- French Wiktionary (frwiktionary, group 1)
- Hebrew Wikipedia (hewiki, group 1)
- Portuguese Wikiversity (ptwikiversity, group 1)
- French Wikipedia (frwiki, group 2)
- Basque Wikipedia (euwiki, group 2)
- Persian Wikipedia (fawiki, group 2)
- Serbian Wikipedia
- Korean Wikipedia
- Portuguese Wikipedia
- All open tasks in the overarching epic are identified to be blockers or non-blockers.
- Config patches are staged and +1d by at least one other person.
- Deployments are scheduled and assigned here and on wiki.
- Do a risk assessment, reviewing the decisions made in T252348 and the implications on pushing this code to production. The risk assessment should acknowledge any technical debt acquired; how this decision impacts future work by us and other teams and how and when we plan to pay it off.
- Deployed to test wikis
- Not deployed elsewhere
- Client and server errors are monitored and prevalent issues are tasked.
- Performance identified
- Deployment dates are documented on the notable events and the Vue.js status log pages.
- Other stuff
- What configs do we want to flip on and when? This is kind of like the "ultimate deploy task." Do we need intermediate deploys for logged-in users only and other configs? For example, a specific configuration may be needed for a length of time to collect instrumentation and performance data. Is it just the config added in T257706?
To enable the new search in modern Vector after merging feat/search branch into master you'll need to backport the following config change:
$wgVectorUseCoreSearch = false;
Check key presses
Resize the browser window so that its height is 400px. Run a search that provides enough search results that the bottom search result is not visible. check up and down arrows allow you to jump between all the search result items. Context T256042#6431695