This task encompasses deploying the configuration to enable the new search experience on the test wikis as well as as a user preference to users opted out of legacy mode.
- Double check that Core is using the very latest commit from security-reviewed WVUI
- All open tasks in the overarching epic are identified to be blockers or non-blockers.
- Config patches are staged and +1d by at least one other person.
- Ensure new pilot wikis have logos
- Deployments are scheduled and assigned here and on wiki.
- Do a risk assessment, reviewing the decisions made in T252348: Add Vue.js v2 runtime-only Core or Vector ResourceLoader module for new Vue.js search and the implications on pushing this code to production. The risk assessment should acknowledge any technical debt acquired; how this decision impacts future work by us and other teams and how and when we plan to pay it off.
- QA completed on testwiki and beta cluster as a part of T259798: Deploy the new Vue.js search experience to the Beta-Cluster and Test Wikipedia
- Deployed to test wikis
- Client and server errors are monitored and prevalent issues are tasked.
- Performance identified
- Deployment dates are documented on the notable events and the Vue.js status log pages.
- Stage 0 (tracked separately in T259798: Deploy the new Vue.js search experience to the Beta-Cluster and Test Wikipedia: Beta cluster, Test Wikipedia (group 0, testwiki), - Wikimedia Office (group 0, officewiki) (outside of the pilot wikis)
Note: we will not be deploying the new search experience to Commons.
- Stage 1: deploy to all logged-in users (note: this will include all users that have explicitly opted into legacy mode
- Stage 2: deploy to first set of test wikis (group1) and begin A/B test of old search widget in new location vs new search widget in new location
- French Wiktionary (frwiktionary, group 1) (config for search result: image, no description)
- Hebrew Wikipedia (hewiki, group 1)
- Portuguese Wikiversity (ptwikiversity, group 1)
- office wiki (config for search result: no image, no description)
- Stage 3: deploy to second set of test wikis (group 2) and begin A/B test of old search widget in new location vs new search widget in new location
- French Wikipedia (frwiki, group 2)
- Basque Wikipedia (euwiki, group 2)
- Persian Wikipedia (fawiki, group 2)
- anonymous users on hewiki, frwiktionary, ptwikiversity
- remove from Wikimedia Commons
- Stage 4: deploy to new test wikis and begin A/B test done in T273090: Deploy modern Vector and new Vue.js search experience to new pilot wikis
- Turkish Wikipedia
- Serbian Wikipedia
- Korean Wikipedia
- Portuguese Wikipedia
- What configs do we want to flip on and when? This is kind of like the "ultimate deploy task." Do we need intermediate deploys for logged-in users only and other configs? For example, a specific configuration may be needed for a length of time to collect instrumentation and performance data. Is it just the config added in T257706?
To enable the new search in modern Vector after merging feat/search branch into master you'll need to backport the following config change:
$wgVectorUseWvuiSearch = true;
Check key presses
Resize the browser window so that its height is 400px. Run a search that provides enough search results that the bottom search result is not visible. check up and down arrows allow you to jump between all the search result items. Context T256042#6431695
- Spot-check for visual regressions as a logged out user on frwiki, fawiki, euwiki, frwiktionary, hewiki, ptwikiversity
- Wikimedia MediaWiki verisons
- List of Wikipedias
- List of Wiktionaries
- Complete list of Wikimedia projects
- Operations' configurations for all projects (actual DBnames per project)