This umbrella task will be used to track production launch of "client side error logging" project.
Paraphrasing from https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/clients-error-logging, we'll be lining up as many ducks as we can in Q1, with launch in Q2 to many/most wikis. End of Q2 is naturally risking for high traffic wikis because of donation campaigns, we'll have to weight benefit/risks of launching to big wikis too.
- Schema validation for eventgate events - @Tgr
- kubernetes setup for eventgate deployment (i.e. backend component) initially set to receive errors from low traffic wikis - @Ottomata
- Choose a js client to send errors (raven.js ? our own?)
- Security review of the js client we'll be using
- Performance review of the js client we'll be using
- Verify we have enough ingestion capacity on the Logstash side @fgiunchedi
- Related to the above, make sure deduplication/rate limiting in depth (i.e. both on the client side, and on the backend side) is in place before high traffic wikis launch.
- Verify events show up in logstash and we have a Kibana dashboard available @fgiunchedi
- Enable client side error logging to increasingly high traffic wikis, work out any kinks discovered