The Vue.js search project is adding a number of new NPM dependencies that must be security reviewed prior to deployment.
- Name of tool/project: Vue.js search
- Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Desktop_Improvements/Vue.js_case_study
- Name of team requesting review: Web
- Primary contact: @Volker_E
- Target date for deployment: We're targeting the current quarter for development and deployment.
- Link to code repository / patchset:
The project is split across two repos:
- WVUI: the Wikimedia Vue UI component library.
- Vector: the "v2" or "Latest" mode of Vector will feature the new search experience. Development is currently limited to the feat/search branch.
Description of the tool/project:
A greatly improved search experience for Vector built in Vue.js with modern, standard tooling.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF:
This is a user facing feature that is part of the Desktop Improvements Project.
WVUI has a runtime dependency on the Vue v2 runtime in Core and numerous compile-time dependencies including Webpack, TypeScript, ESLint, Stylelint, Storybook, and Jest.
Vector will specify the Vue.js runtime dependency needed by WVUI as a ResourceLoader module and bundle in WVUI itself as an library accessible as ResourceLoader module as well as any additional libraries needed.
Has this project been reviewed before?
WVUI has not been. Vector may have been.
Working test environment