This task is about deciding on and implementing the logic that will determine what edit notices [i] are not shown within the New Discussion Tool.
Currently, when people edit talk pages, they will often see messages above the edit window and section=new form that contain guidance about how to edit the talk page (e.g. "follow the guidelines and sign your posts") and information to keep in mind when editing talk pages (e.g. "your IP address will be published along with the edit you are making").
The New Discussion Tool makes some of these messages obsolete [ii] and others redundant. [iii] This task is about deciding on and implementing the logic that makes it so the New Discussion Tool does not show obsolete and redundant messages.
Possible edit notices
This section will contain the list of all possible edit notices that could appear within the New Discussion Tool were the logic this ticket is asking for is not implemented.
The following types of edit notices should not appear within the New Discussion Tool:
- Edit notices that contain obsolete information (e.g. Talkpagetext as @matmarex first suggested in T269033#6696031)
- Edit notices that contain information the New Discussion Tool displays "natively" (e.g. anoneditwarning as @Esanders noted in T269310#6698758).
- What logic should determine the edit notices that are not shown within the New Discussion Tool?
- All ===Open questions are answered
- Document the list of all possible edit notices that could appear within the New Discussion Tool were the logic this ticket is asking for is not implemented
- Define and implement the logic needed to fulfill the the ===Requirements listed above
ii. The New Discussion Tool makes the message that instructs people to sign the topics they are adding because the tool does this for people automatically
iii. The New New Discussion Tool displays a warning to people who are using it while logged out informing them their IP address will be published with the topic they are drafting.