Corresponding task from "add a link": T268706: Add a link: difficulty overlay and difficulty filter
Associated feature: T290045: Add an image: image inspector
As the user proceeds through the task, they will use the “image inspector” dialog. We need to record events for these actions:
- Selecting “yes”.
- Selecting “no”.
- Selecting the "Unsure" button T290910: Add an image: skip button functionality for image inspector
- Image details T290782: Add an image: image details
- Selecting to "view image details" dialog
- Closing the dialog
- Selecting the link to open the file on Commons
- Note that the same image details dialog can be opened both from the image inspector and from the captions step. We need to be able to distinguish events that are triggered from the image inspector and those that were triggered from the caption step.
- Tapping the image to view it in full screen, and closing the full screen view T290540: Add an image: image viewer
- Collapsing the inspector, and opening the collapsed inspector T293147: Structured Tasks: Change how the inspector is collapsed on mobile
For each event, we want to include:
- Which article they are on
- Which image is being suggested
- The source for the suggestion (i.e. crosswiki, wikidata, commons category)
If the user changes their response on a given image, that should be recorded as an additional event, but we do not need to indicate that it was a change.
Note that in the future, we may offer multiple image suggestions per article. Therefore, perhaps we should record which suggestion the user is on (e.g. 1 of 1), like we do with link suggestions, to be ready for when there may be multiple. That's an implementation decision.