The biggest question mark of the Developer Hub project is the infrastructure that will support it. There are many options and combinations. Some say that we should use MediaWiki for this purpose, some say that we should use a dedicated tool, some say that a mixture of both...
We should agree on the requirements in the first place:
- Possibility to customize the UI in order to provide a pleasant user experience.
- Possibility to create and edit content comfortably, including the homepage, tutorials, project showcases, code examples and screenshots.
- Possibility to export API documentation from source code in repositories.
- Possibility to integrate API sandboxes.
- Possibility to search all the content at once.
- Possibility to translate manual documentation (not the strict API docs)