Currently our homepage, wireframes, and plan assume that developers know what they can get from Wikimedia, but we cannot assume this.
Most if not all the examples listed at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Dev.wikimedia.org#Developer_hubs_.26_API_documentation offer a basic list of areas highlighting what's on offer. Which are our top level areas?
- Free texts in hundreds of languages: articles, books, definitions... (Wikipedia and friends)
- Free images and media files (Commons)
- Free structured data (Wikidata)
- APIs to publish and edit Wikimedia content
- Wikimedia dumps and datasets
- ... and hundreds of Wikimedia open source projects you can contribute to
Let's agree first on the items, and then on the images and label we should use for each, and their position in the homepage.