The Android login and account creation API usage requires updating for changes in AuthManager. ETA for "thing will break" is end of February. Some questions to think about:
- Will the old way really break? How will we gracefully transition?
- Do we need to remove account creation from the Gingerbread app?
- Do we need a security review?
- Can we use device accounts with this (for example, "login with Google")?
We should start thinking about this now and talk with @Anomie to understand when we can start testing with a local instance.
- [reading-wmf] Mobile apps people: API breakage coming up for login and createaccount