This is a parent ticket to document shared requiments across Android, iOS and the MCS. Subtasks for each platform will need to be created as we finalize our plans.
This is intended to be an MVP for the '16 end-of-year funding period, we will be doing a seperate doc for a long term integration with the fundraising backend and (potentially) central notice.
- Don’t show in countries where fundraising is forbidden by law or local policy
- Insert the fundraising appeal as a card in the Explore feed with each days "daily content" (subject to other restrictions described here).
- Advancement should have control over text, image and click through URL and be able to update those without app releases
- Ability to kill the fundraising appeal from the server
- Server control of the date range on which the appeal should be displayed
On the client, we will also need to not show the appeal:
- If the user dismisses
- After donation can we know if the donation went through? (not sure if possible)
Backend will need to send the following:
- localized string(s) (plain text only?)
- image url
- clickthrough URL
- date range for display
Batteries not included. This task will not cover:
- Behavioral triggers (eg "show after user saves 3 articles")
- Full localization across all funraising regions (likely English only)
- In app payment
- Alerts, popovers or in-article banners