As a user when I am automatically redirected away from a page, I see a toast but there is no way to return to the page I was redirected from.
Primarily to service T146596: Make redirect into a toast message, toast messages can also carry actions. Pass url and label as 2 additional parameters to the Toast.show function.
- When I visit https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Obama I see a toast. When I click on that toast I am taken to https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Obama&redirect=no
- Change the toast wording to make it clearer the toast is actionable. The new toast will still say:
Redirected from \"$1\"
but it should be accompanied by the action
Other toast designs for reference
Default toast without action
Short toast with one action
Loong toast with long action
Two line with action
We want to make this a generic capability so future features can also make use of it
- The Thanks extension has a working example here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/906429341
- When a toast has an associated action a 'show' label appears on the right hand side of the toast
- When clicking the toast action the user is navigated to that link ?action=edit&redirect=no