Searching for categories is one of the main use cases for advanced search, and most people expect such a search to also find contents of subcategories of the searched category.
Add the new deep category search keyword to the advanced param form, once it is implemented.
For position and label see
Info i text
TEXT FOR COPYING:
Pages in this language:
Description: Searches for pages that are in these categories and subcategories.
Be aware of the following:
- Only the first 5 subcategories will be considered in your search.
- The number of categories is limited to 256.
- You can look for pages in multiple categories.
Help page: deepcategory
Syntax-Equivalent in the normal search: deepcategory: followed by a category name like deepcategory:Help. Use double quotes if the name contains spaces: deepcategory:"Hidden categories".
- The label and field are in the position as indicated in the mock
- Users can add multiple categories to the field
- There is a dropdown that suggests which categories exist, but you can also write your own category name that is not in the dropdown
- The tags of categories without a file page have red font
- A tag is only created by clicking the drop down item or pressing enter.
Note We can reuse the category multiselect widget from the Upload wizard
no suggester when category doesn't exist but typing is possible:
after tag creation text turns red: