Enable SUL account support and permit editing on talk pages, user pages, and translations.
|Open||Varnent||T205345 Repurposing of Foundation wiki as Governance wiki (Tracking task)|
|Open||Jdforrester-WMF||T205347 Enable SUL accounts on Governance wiki|
So, in thinking about this, I'm a little worried on how to get it done. We'll need to:
- Get the rights sorted – T205350
- Create a new user group for people allowed to edit content
- Apply it to accounts we want.
- Adjust edit rights so that * cannot edit or create in Main/Proj/Templ/Cat/… namespaces
- Clean up for SUL
- Rename local accounts to match their SUL equivalents
- Rename any conflicting local accounts to something else
- Enable SUL
- Unify local accounts with their SUL equivalents
- More cleanup?
At the risk of sounding stupid:
- Do all that on beta cluster first
- If it seems to work, freeze foundationwiki on production and copy it to sulfoundationwiki
- Do all the things
- If it seems to work, rename foundationwiki to oldfoundationwiki
- Rename sulfoundationwiki to foundationwiki and unfreeze
- A month or so later when you're absolutely sure you haven't missed anything, delete the (still frozen) oldfoundationwiki