- The heuristic analysis shows that users experience the inability (even if it's momentary) to focus due to loss of bearings when attempting to do section editing.
- For users that do find and use Section Editing, it is a clunky experience since they need to jump around the screen to identify where there content has moved to.
When I am editing an article, I want to focus on just the section that I intend to edit so that I can confidently focus on the section and complete the edit.
- Remove all distracting text to allow for isolated editing of the section
Mocks of proposed designs
- User opens the article to read
- User taps on section editing button
- User edits section
- User publishes edits
- User is taken back to reading view