Now that the help panel has been deployed on Czech and Korean Wikipedias for a month, and we have been collecting data on Vietnamese Wikipedia through the EditorJourney and welcome survey projects, we can move toward deploying the help panel on that Wikipedia, as well.
There are many steps to completing this:
- Look into any provisions need to be made for posting to Vietnamese help desk, like how Korean help desk has separate pages per month. (@Trizek-WMF)
- The help desk is: https://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Gi%C3%BAp_s%E1%BB%AD_d%E1%BB%A5ng_Wikipedia
- There is no sub page like in Korean.
- Implement any provisions required by Vietnamese help desk. (@kostajh, @SBisson, @Catrope)
- Notify the Vietnamese community that this feature is coming, and make sure they are okay with the plan. (@Trizek-WMF)
- Acquire five help links from the community. We recommend including one about how to add photos, since that is the most common question asked in the help panel so far. (@Trizek-WMF)
- Ask community to supply the "View more help" link (@Trizek-WMF) : Trợ_giúp:Mục_lục
- Notify editors who answer help desk questions that more questions are coming, and link to recommendations on how to respond. (@Trizek-WMF)
- Test translated version in Test Wiki to make sure everything is translated and looking right. (@Etonkovidova)
- Deploy to production with 0% treatment group. (@kostajh, @SBisson, @Catrope)
- Inform Vietnamese community that they can turn the feature on in preferences and try it out, gather any responses or bugs. (@Trizek-WMF).
- Verify that Vietnamese event data is flowing correctly into the data lake. (@nettrom_WMF)
- Test in production by asking a question on desktop and on mobile and verifying that links go to the right places and searches search the right namespaces. (@Etonkovidova )
- Deploy the 50/50 split experiment to production. (@kostajh, @SBisson, @Catrope)
- Make sure that some newcomers are getting the feature and clicking it. (@MMiller_WMF)
- Exclude tester user IDs in daily report code. (@MMiller_WMF)