Task: add two new badges to the list of badges that editors can add to sitelinks.
GIVEN a sitelink
WHEN editing the sitelink
THEN I can chose new badges to indicate redirects
- the badges show up on https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:AvailableBadges
- the badges can be selected in the site link editing form
As a Wikidata editor,
- I would like to be able to see when a sitelink is pointing to a redirect page on the Wikipedia.
- I would like to be able to distinguish an intentional sitelink to a redirect (marked by Template:Wikidata redirect on the Wikipedia)
- in WDQS queries I would like to be able to identify sitelinks that point to redirects rather than full articles, when assessing the coverage of a topic
As a Wikipedia reader,
- I would like a subtle indication if a sidebar sitelink will be taking me to an article on a related subject (via a redirect), rather than a strictly parallel article
This can be achieved rather simply, by creating two new Wikidata badges, one to indicate a sitelink to a redirect, a second to indicate an intentional sitelink to a redirect.
The badges could be maintained and kept updated by a community bot regularly (daily?) running an SQL query to identify sitelinks to redirects (with and without the template), and comparing it with a SPARQL query to identify the sitelinks on Wikidata with badges