For the desktop improvements project, we would like to determine how opt-in and opt-out rates vary by the number of edits a user has. This will allow us to determine if there are differences between way more experienced editors and less experienced editors perceive the new vector interface. See also the previous investigation in T242419: [SPIKE] Instrument opt-in/opt-out mechanism for desktop improvements project
This is required by EOM March 2020.
- Add edit count bucket to the PrefUpdate schema
- Navigate to https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Log in
- Click "Preferences"
- Change any user preference that's whitelisted
- NOTE: The whitelist for the PrefUpdate instrumentation here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schema_talk:PrefUpdate#Properties_tracked
- Observe that a PrefUpdate event is logged
- Observe that the event has a valid bucketedUserEditCount property
- NOTE: The valid values for the bucketedUserEditCount can be found here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schema:PrefUpdate