After building out our collapsible sidebar and fixed width for articles, we will be ready to make our first deployment to our test wikis. We will do this in two steps to allow for sufficient QA. To learn more about our release plan, please see our project page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Desktop_Improvements/Opting_in_and_Release_Plan
|project||Wed. July 22||Tues. July 28||Wed. July 29|
|euwiki (Basque Wikipedia)||x|
|fawiki (Persian Wikipedia)||x|
|frwiki (French Wikipedia)||x|
|frwiktionary (French Wiktionary)||x|
|hewiki (Hebrew Wikipedia)||x|
|ptwikiversity (Portuguese Wikiversity)||x|
Note Office Wiki is already enabled by default.
- Switch the default of the following wikis to the new version of the vector skin: euwiki, frwiktionary, ptwikiversity
- Switch the default of the following wikis to the new version of the vector skin:, fawiki, hewiki
- Feature flag states:
- Preference - on
- Default - on
- Sidebar closed by default - off
- Sidebar instrumentation - on
- Max width - on
- If we're changing anonymous presentation, what will we do about cached HTML? Do we have to purge the whole cache?
- Are there more changes planned that will significantly impact the HTML? For example, moving the search bar. Do the caching implications change the deployment strategy?