We are not currently seeing indications in the logs that pages are getting out of sync due to replication lag.
So far we have:
- Added statement to wait for replication (up until a timeout), which seemingly did not fix the problem as we are reaching the timeout
- Fixed one case of potentially using replica instead of a master
- Identified that there are inefficient transactions that may hinder the wait for replication logic working as intended
- Switches post-translation updates (TranslateRenderJob) to use JobQueue
- Updated all translation pages using refresh-translatable-pages.php script.
For eg: Saving https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Steward_requests/Global_permissions/GS-Header&diff=20168333&oldid=19016463 did not updated the result on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Steward_requests/Global_permissions so I have to do a dummy edit https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Steward_requests/Global_permissions/GS-Header&diff=20168363&oldid=20168333 to make it work.
Previous reports about similar issues:
- T235027: Translate does not update content page when saving units
- T48716: Translation page does not contain the latest translations/last translation
- Test (re-)marking page for translations, make changes to the template and see if those are applied after re-marking without need of dummy edits and re-marking.
- Monitor logs for "Continuing despite replication lag"
All translation pages are now show all the latest changes. Translation pages should no longer get out of sync because of replication lag.