How can virtualization help us streamline our continuous integration, staging and production deployment pipeline?
- can this help us move faster & spread the admin load more widely?
- could we make beta labs basically identical to production?
- perhaps, switch at the network-level for dark launches, A/B testing, rolling updates, quick roll-backs
- can we avoid having localization updates and other expensive updates (repoauthoritative mode) on the critical path, with associated special tooling needs?
- can we improve isolation in CI, so that we can reasonably test more complex services like RESTBase or the PDF renderer (OCG)?
- Desired attendees: @faidon, @akosiaris, @greg, @hashar, @Krinkle, @bd808, @cscott, @GWicke, @mmodell, @dduvall