- Decide where to document the logo updating process (e.g. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_wiki_configuration_changes, or maybe a README in mediawiki-config.git).
- Decide on the requirements for updating a logo, and agree on how to meet those requirements. (e.g. file must be on Commons?, create 1.5x and 2x PNGs thumbs, optimise with optiPng/zopfli?, submit via SWAT, remember to purge)
- Document the process in the decided location and ensure it is well advertised and links from various places.
- Automate part of the process (e.g. a bash script that takes a Commons file name, and does download/optimisation).
- Decide how to verify the commits in Gerrit (against malice and mistakes). E.g. a Jenkins job to run the script and confirm the committed file is the same or smaller (to confirm optimisation), and visual comparison by hand? Or also automated (SSIM?).