We want to roll out the article placeholder to the first wikis. In order to give them an easy way to try out the feature we should start with making it a beta feature.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Beta_Features/Package has documentation about how to do this:
- Brief, clear name
- Simple, instructive description
- Consistent, figurative illustration
- Link to brief, helpful, translatable page on MW.org
- Link to the talk page of the above, configured as a Flow board
- Browser and platform compatibility is configured
- Other beta feature dependency is configured
- Get prelim design review
- Get prelim security review
- Get prelim performance review
- Make sure there is someone on point for feedback
- Make a Phabricator project for the extension
- Enable the Final Version of the code on Beta Cluster at least a week before you want to go for production.
- Make gerrit change (do not merge) to the BF whitelist in mediawiki config