Type of activity: Pre-scheduled session
Main topic: A plan for the Community Wishlist 2016 top results
Timing: We'd like to do this in an early slot on Monday, as an intro for the Wishlist Workshops later on in the day.
An overview of the 2016 Community Wishlist Survey results, and upcoming projects on the German Technical Wishes wishlist. We'll talk about our current plans, answer questions and start identifying items from the wishlist that volunteer developers can work on.
- People will know more about the wishlist process and this year's results.
- People will be excited about the Wishlist Workshops later in the Dev Summit.
- As a group, we'll identify some promising-looking projects from the Wishlist that we can suggest for volunteer devs through the year.
Current status of the discussion
- 2016 Community Wishlist Survey: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2016_Community_Wishlist_Survey
- 2016 Community Wishlist Survey top 10: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2016_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Results
- WMDE Technical Wishes: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMDE_Technical_Wishes