The submit button on Special:SetLabelDescriptionAliases at the moment says "Set label, description and aliases". On smaller screens this causes a overflow at the right. The situation is even worse if you use the German language (Bezeichnung, Beschreibung und Aliasse festlegen).
The form has two steps:
- Step 1: Users specify the Item via the QID and the language code (e.g. https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:SetLabelDescriptionAliases)
- Step 2: Users specify Label, Description, and or Aliases (e.g. https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:SetLabelDescriptionAliases/Q42/en)
- Many times users will use a direct link to this step and thereby skip step 1.
The new button copy could reflect these 2 steps ('Save' doesn't apply to the 1st step):
- Change the label of the button in the first step of the form to "Continue". (Informs of the existence of another step to users)
- Change the label of the button in the second step of the form to "Publish changes". (Lets users know that their changes will be applied to and reflected on the Item's page)
- In order to prevent the button from overflowing the layout due to the length of its copy (e.g. due to localization), we should allow its content to wrap.
- @Lucas_Werkmeister_WMDE mentioned that this might involve reading a configuration setting to decide if the copy should be "Publish changes" (e.g. Wikidata) or "Save changes" (purely internal Wikibase).
- Prioritized now, so that it can be done while working on T330193.
- The button matches the solution.
- The license text is updated
- This note about the configuration setting was considered.