- If a user has the 'Failed mention' notification preference enabled and they type a nonexistent username in an edit summary, they should receive a failed mention notification.
- If a user has the 'Successful mention' notification preference enabled and they type a valid username in an edit summary, they should receive a successful mention notification
- As only the first 5 usernames in an edit summary should send a mention, the 6th and subsequent usernames should not trigger fail/success mention notifications
- The existing bundling logic for success/fail notifications should be respected
- The existing notification icons and copy should be used (screenshot and specification below)
- The notification should link to the diff page of the mention
- These notifications do not trigger emails
Existing success/failure notifications
- Purpose of the notification: Let a user know when they have sent a failed or successful mention in an edit summary
- Notification name: Edit summary mention success/failure
- What triggers notification?: Linking to their username in an edit summary (e.g. Made an edit that [[User:Apples]] and I discussed on the talk page.)
- "Notice" or "Alert"?: Alert
- Notification type (standard, bundled, expandable bundle): Expandable bundled
- Header: Your mention of username was sent.
- Body: n/a
- Header: Your mention of username was not sent because the user was not found.
- Body: n/a
- Primary link target: Diff page of the edit
- #1 secondary link target: Page where edit was page
- #1 secondary link label: Pagename where edit was made